Car Park Flooring
Car park floors are subject to a wide range of difficult conditions that may include heavy traffic, Rapid changes in temperature between winter and summer, oil contamination, UV exposure, and rising moisture (on basement levels).
To help you with that, we can install a range of car park decking systems. Offering nationwide coverage on anything from small underground car parks serving office buildings to large multi-story car parking flooring. Anglia Décor specialises both in new builds and refurbishment projects, so no matter if you want to install brand-new car park flooring or renovate the already existing one, we are here for you!
It is worth knowing that our experienced and skilful team is able to shorten the work timeframes using fast-cure MMA decking systems. We have a large team of car parking flooring operatives and can perform noisy preparation work during night shifts if required.
There are various elements to car park decking systems, and we will discuss each of them with you thoroughly to fit your needs and preferences. You will be able to choose a specific car park floor paint, finishes, and more – and if you have problems deciding on such details, we can always offer our professional advice.
CALL US AT 0170220965799
The Benefits of car park flooring
Car parking flooring has many requirements, and the right option for your car park will provide an array of benefits. These may include the following:
- Car park flooring is easy to clean, so you will not have to spend lots of resources on its maintenance.
- From car park floor paint to MMA decking, most options are available in a wide range of colours.
- Most car park flooring options are anti-slip to prevent accidents and ensure your safety.
- These types of flooring are resistant to contamination by oils, chemicals, and salts, so they can be used even in the most demanding conditions.
- Car park flooring is flexible and crack-resistant so that even heavy vehicles can use it.
- This type of flooring has a waterproof top deck, which is particularly crucial on rainy or snowy days.
- Floor paint for car parking garages (and other types of car park flooring) contains UV stabilisers to prevent colours from fading, so it will look good even after a long time.
- Car park flooring is easy to demarcate, including the addition of car park line markings, navigation markings, and pedestrian walkways, allowing you to organise it properly.
- This type of flooring can resist rising moisture and dampness on basement levels.
- Car park flooring is long-lasting and durable, saving you from additional expenses.
- This flooring type has excellent bonding capabilities, avoiding adhesion issues.
- These types of floors are cost-effective and quick to install, so they will not cause you too much difficulty.
The first phase of any car park flooring project is to prepare the substrate. Whether it’s an existing coating that requires refreshing or a brand-new bare concrete or screed base, proper preparation is key to a long-lasting car park parking flooring or decking system.
We can perform both vacublasting and diamond grinding. Both systems are vacuum-assisted to ensure that dust is kept to a minimum & HSE guidelines are met.
If your car park floor has defects and areas of debonding, we can also repair them with epoxy repair mortars.
We can repair any cracking using mesh and resin overlays to ensure no further movement or future issues with your car park flooring
5 star Google reviews
Exposed Car Park Decks
The top deck of a car park needs to withstand a wide range of challenging conditions. This may vary from freezing cold temperatures and ice in the winter to direct sunlight and extreme heat in the summer.
The changes in the substrate’s temperature cause the structure to expand and contract constantly (cyclical movement). A car park decking system needs to accommodate the movement and must be able to bridge any cracks and remain watertight to prevent serious damage.
Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) multi-layer systems are well suited to top decks. They have fast curing times of around 2-3 hours per layer, which helps to overcome installation issues associated with unpredictable weather.
We achieve these multi-layered systems by applying a coating followed by a complete blind with aggregate. Once cured, any excess aggregate is swept off, providing a textured surface for the next layer to adhere to.
The order used when constructing these multi-layer systems in exposed car parks is usually as follows:
- The base coat (applied to a prepared substrate)
- Quartz scatter
- PU topcoat
- Optional UV stable topcoat
There are many advantages and benefits to using this type of car parking flooring, including the following:
- MMA car park flooring is versatile and has a wide range of uses. so it can be used in various spaces.
- MMA is one of the most time-efficient car parking flooring types, and an application can take less than a day.
- This type of flooring has excellent resistance to chemical and oil spills.
- MMA car park flooring has excellent resistance to abrasion and surface damage.
- Our car park floor paint and finishes have excellent UV stability, making them ideal for outdoor applications as they won’t fade with time because of sunlight.
- This type of flooring has excellent UV stability, making it ideal for outdoor applications.
- Since the application time is so short, there’s less downtime for the parking lot or business in question.
- Base coat. Applied to prepared the substrate
- Quartz scatter
- PU topcoat
- Optional UV stable topcoat
These areas have fewer environmental stresses to cope with, but still need to stand up to heavy vehicle traffic, especially at junctions (stop streets, ramps, and turnoffs).
Flexibility is a key requirement for intermediate decks, as they suffer movement caused by the weight of traffic. Peak and off-peak times cause the deck to move, depending on the load exerted on the structure.
Polyurethane (PU) multi-layered systems are an ideal choice for intermediate levels.
They offer a wide range of benefits, including the following:
- Polyurethane multi-layered systems are highly flexible
- These kinds of floors have long lifespans
- Such car park floor finishes offer UV stability
- This type of car park flooring holds gloss levels long-term.
Basement Car Parks
These car park flooring levels experience different weather and flexibility issues than the previous areas.
These levels are often below the water table and must withstand issues associated with rising moisture and dampness.
Polyurethane screed/cement offers excellent resistance to both rising water and damp so that your car park flooring won’t be easily damaged. Other advantages of PU screeds include the following:
- Polyurethane flooring boasts anti-slip textured car park floor finishes.
- This type of car park flooring is available in a wide range of colours, so you can easily adjust it to your style.
- Polyurethane screed or cement is highly durable and has a remarkably long lifespan.
- PU screeds and cements have excellent resistance to both oil spills and chemical spills.
- PU screeds are fast-curing, making them ideal for applications that need to be completed in a short timeframe.
- This type of flooring is shockproof and resistant to heavy impacts, making it the ideal car park flooring.
- Unlike some car park floor finishes, PU screeds and concrete are likely to keep their appearance for a long time period.
We can also apply concrete sealers to bare floors, ensuring dusting is kept to a minimum.
ASK FOR AN ESTIMATE 0170220965799
Get the Best Car Park Flooring with Anglia Decor Ltd
From basement car park flooring options all the way to top deck options, you can rest assured that we have the skills and expertise you need.
Our professional team will help you choose the best floor paint for car parking or other solutions adjusted to your specific needs so that they can be as useful and visually appealing as possible.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today to get high-quality car parking flooring at an affordable price!