Anglia Decor Ltd experts in floor preparation and painting
We have just finished painting this factory floor for EDP Europe, based in South Woodham Ferrers.
We suggested Dulux Floorshield as it can be colour mixed and suited our clients budget for this job. Floorshield is priced around £50 per 5 litre tin and gives 16m2 coverage per litre. A floor of this size, 100m2 needed 3×5 litre tins to complete.
Dulux also have a high performance floor paint which is a 2 part water based system which unlike the Floorshield, will withstand vehicle traffic.
We worked to the following specification:
- Scrape back and rub down any flaking defective existing floorpaint
- Sweep the floor to remove dust & paint scrapings
- Thorough wash down with a sugar soap solution to remove any grease/dirt
- Apply a 10% thinned base coat of Dulux Floorshield to any bare areas
- Wait 24 hours for the paint to dry completely
- Thorough rub down to entire floor
- Sweep off to remove any dust
- Apply 1st undiluted coat of Dulux floorshield & allow 24 hours to dry
- Light rub down
- Apply Top coat of Dulux Floorshield & allow 24 hours until ready for use.
Completed job in Dulux Floorshield
The most important step when painting warehouse/factory floors is the preparation. To remove any loose flaking paint then to wash it down thoroughly. This will maximise the life of the finished floor and also improve the appearance of the job.