Epoxy Resin Floor Screed
What is a resin floor screed
Epoxy resin floor screeds are a mixture of epoxy resin and aggregate. They are trowel applied to the floor to create a seamless 4-6mm hygenic floor screed.
Resin Screed System
- The floor requires diamond grinding to remove any existing coatings and prepare the floor.
- The floor is vacuumed to remove any dust, minor defects are filled.
- An epoxy resin base coat is applied to seal the floor, aggregate is broadcast on the base coat to help adhesion of the screed to the floor.
- Lastly the epoxy resin floor screed is mixed and applied By trowel at 4-6mm thick.
Advantages of resin screeds
- Hygenic. Epoxy resin screeds are suitable for commercial kitchens and food safe areas. They form a seamless coating which reduces the chance of germs and water ingress.
- Quick installation. Epoxy resin screeds are quick to install so reduce downtime.
- Lifespan. An epoxy resin screed should last 8-10 years before looking tired. At that point it can be prepared an epoxy coating applied.
- Durability. Epoxy resin screeds are very durable and can withstand metal tools being dropped.
- Anti slip. Resin floor screeds have good anti slip values suitable for commercial kitchen areas.
- DIY issues. Resin screeds are not easy for self installation.
- Odour during installation. Epoxy resin screeds produce an odour during installation. This will dissipate after a few days.
- New concrete. High relitave humidity of new concrete can be an issue. 2 coats of a DPM resin coating can overcome this problem.
See our complete range of flooring services here.
What are Pump screeds?
A pump screed is a liquid applied, fast cure, self leveling floor finish, giving 5-15mm thickness in a single pass.
Our team can install pump screeds of industrial toppers to improve old uneven concrete floors. We can install resin coatings over the pump screed to add protection & complete large areas around 1000m2 in a day.
Benefits of Pump Screeds:
- Improve level of old uneven concrete.
- Increased durability
- Increased abrasion resistance.
- Fast installations & cure times.
- Over coatable with resin coatings
Check our Google reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
Factors affecting cost:
Size of floor
Existing substrate quality
Weekend or week installation
Depth of resin screed required.
A resin floor screed will last around 6-8 years with typical usage and regular maintenance.
At this point a coating can be applied to freshen it up.
Yes, they are seamless and are extremely hygienic.
You just need to clean the floor to maintain.
Resin floor screeds are anti slip as they have aggregate mixed in with the resin.
Yes epoxy resin screeds are waterproof and can be used for food and drink production areas.
Yes, after diamond grinding & base coating a resin screed can be applied.