Epoxy Resin Flooring
What Is Epoxy Resin Flooring?
Epoxy resin flooring is made up of 2 parts: a tinted base with a resin activator. When mixed together, a chemical reaction starts a curing process. As a result, we get epoxy resin floor coating that can be applied to concrete, wood, or even wall surfaces.
Diamond grinding a floor will give the epoxy resin a better surface to adhere to and provide a longer lifespan.
We Supply Epoxy Floor Paint
We supply ‘Floor ProTect’, a high-build epoxy floor paint suitable for industrial and garage floors.
- Non-flaking, 2-part epoxy.
- 7 times thicker than standard paint
- High gloss finish
- Chemical and oil-resistant
Advantages of Epoxy Resin
- Appearance. Available in gloss and any colour, epoxy resin floors improve the appearance of a floor.
- Protection of concrete floors. Chemical and oil spills to bare concrete can soak in and degrade the surface over time. This can be overcome using epoxy resin coatings to protect the floor.
- Cost to install. Epoxy resin coatings are a cost-effective industrial flooring solution.
- Lifespan. An epoxy resin floor should last 5 years before looking tired.
- Durability. Epoxy resin coatings are 7 times thicker than paint and will not flake or blister.
- DIY issues. If floors are painted with epoxy resin without diamond grinding, the lifespan will be reduced.
- Smell during installation. Epoxy resin coatings do produce a smell while curing. This will dissipate over 2-3 days.
- Slippery values. With floors that are prone to getting wet or suffering oil spills, it can become slippery. We would advise adding aggregate to the coating.
- Fresh/green concrete. High moisture content will give issues to high-build epoxy resin coatings as they restrict the release of moisture. Choose a water-permeable epoxy resin coating instead.
- UV stable. Epoxy resin coatings are not UV stable and discolour over time. Use a polyurethane top coat for white- coloured floors.
Sectors We Cover
- Food & drink industries – Fourpure, Twinings
- Automotive industry – Arrival Ltd
- Print industries – SmurfitKappa
- Office buildings & plant rooms – Canary wharf, Schroders
- Sports & Leisure facilities
- Anti-static & ESD flooring- datacenters
When Should You Think About Getting Epoxy Resin Floor Coating?
Our epoxy resin floor coating will work great in spaces where heavy-duty performance is required. This type of coating offers stellar protection against mechanical wear and tear as well as chemical damage, which means it will make the most sense in spaces like production halls, print companies’ workspaces, sports and leisure facilities, or automotive companies’ production areas, among many others.
When might be a good time to think about obtaining this flooring?
Investing in epoxy resin flooring is a good decision when you see the damage being done to your floors or you want to protect them from that damage beforehand. Especially during various production processes, thinking ahead and securing your floors with protective coating can save you lots of time, money, and potential safety hazards that you would have to address eventually.
Epoxy Resin Floor Cost UK
What is the cost of this investment? This will depend on a few factors, like the area you need to cover, the type of resin flooring you select, and how much prep work is needed before painting the floors.
While epoxy resin floor coating is an affordable way to gain valuable protection for your floors, it’s better to work with experienced epoxy resin flooring contractors who can offer you great prices as well as a guarantee the job will be accomplished with the inclusion of all the best practices and industry standards.
Trust us, the floor is not something you want to compromise on.
Contact us today and receive an initial estimate of the costs you’ll face with this installation.
Check our Google reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a few factors affecting the cost:
- Quality of the floor
- Prep needed
- Weekend installation
- Colour chosen. Whites are more expensive as they require a UV stable top coat
With preparation epoxy resin coatings will last around 5 years.
Epoxy resin flooring can be applied at 2-3mm. This system will last 6-8 years.
- metal tools are dropped,
- chemical spills are left on the floor,
- there’s scratching from a pallet being dragged across the floor.
Regular sweeping and mopping are advised.
A scrubber dryer can be used for large areas. Steam mops are also permitted to be used.
Epoxy is cheaper than tiles. However, tiles last longer and are better suited to the home setting.
Yes, epoxy resin coatings are waterproof and can be used for plant rooms.
Yes, epoxy flooring can be repaired if it has a hole or has been scraped by a forklift truck. We would fill the imperfection with Ardex A45 or 2-pack filler. Then, rub down the area and apply 2 coats of epoxy. A slight colour difference would be visible on the repair.
With diamond grinding of the tiles, it is okay to use epoxy.
Yes, epoxy will give protection from oil and chemical spills and make it easier to clean.
Book a free site survey
Epoxy Resin Flooring Case Studies
The following day, we returned to fill more defects and apply a resin topcoat with a contrasting green walkway. This epoxy flooring system gives a dry film thickness of 400 microns and is 7 times thicker than standard paint.
With typical usage, it will last around 4-5 years before looking tired and requiring a refresh.
Our team was called in to carry out an epoxy flooring project at Arrival, Feltham. We prepared the floor by diamond grinding, filled minor defects, and applied the resin base coat.
The walkways were done using a darker contrast grey.
We returned on day 2 and filled more defects, repainted the walkways, and applied a top coat to the main 1000m2 floor area.
We have returned to Arrival to complete more floor areas since, and this warehouse is still in good condition.
Find Epoxy Resin Flooring Contractors Near You
At Anglia Decor, we make sure our clients walk away happy and with durable flooring that will serve them for a long time. We have years of experience and knowledge under our belt, so we know exactly which solutions work and which ones only look nice.
We can offer you the best execution based on our expertise and dedication to ensuring the highest quality for all of our clients.
If you’re searching for an epoxy resin flooring contractor in Essex and the surrounding area, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’ll be happy to give you a free quote and explain the whole process with your specific circumstances in mind.